|0–6 year old||$151 per day|
|Fulltime Rate ( Applies to 5 day booking)||$146 per day|
|Casual rate||$156 per day|
|Holiday fee||$119 (2 weeks per calendar year)|
|Preschool fee||$124 per day (when your child is of Preschool age for 2 days a week during school term. *Conditions apply)|
The Child Care Subsidy (CCS) is a government subsidy that offers different levels of financial assistance to help cover the cost of childcare for Australian families. How much you receive depends on your individual circumstances. There is more information below about the CCS, how much you can receive and how to apply. Families must apply prior to their child starting at our childcare centre.
When you apply you will need to provide:
1. Combined family income
2. Activity test - activity level for both parents
3. Service type-approved childcare service
CHILDCARE SUBSIDY CALCULATOR- Please use the link below to assist you in calculating your gap fee.
Your Combined Family Income
Your family’s combined income will help determine the CCS percentage you’re entitled to. You will need to contact Centrelink when your combined income increases or decreases. This can be done at any time through your Centrelink online account at MyGov.
CCS is linked to how much a family contributes to the Australian economy through activity, both paid and unpaid. This activity level is calculated from the parent with the lowest number of hours of activity per fortnight.
The hours you may be eligible for:
Less than 8 hours -0 hours if you earn above $72,466
Less than 24 hours if you earn $72,466 or below
More than 8 to 16 hours- 36 hours
More than 16 to 48 hours -72 hours
More than 48 hours- 100 hours
- Paid work
- All types of work across all jobs/employers
- Authorised leave (e.g. maternity leave, long service leave, annual leave)
- Unpaid leave of up to 6 months
- Unpaid work in a family business
- Time spent setting up a business that has not yet started to operate
- Training and study (including additional study outside scheduled hours, holiday and non-class periods)
- Work experience/internships (paid or unpaid)
- Looking for work
CCS RATES FROM 10th JULY 2023
Family income Subsidy Rate
More than $80,000 to below $530,000 Decreasing from 90%. The percentage by 1% for every $5000 of income a family earns.
$530,000 or more 0%
Number of children in care
Families with more than one child aged 5 or under in care can get a higher subsidy for their second child and younger children They currently get an extra 30% on top of their income tested rate for eligible children, up to a maximum of 95%.
- Universal Access: 4 -year-old Preschool programs.
If a child attends an early educational program at a childcare centre in the year that is 2 years before Grade 1 of school, they are entitled to up to 36 hours of care per fortnight, irrespective of their parent’s activity
- Low-Income Families.
If a family earns less than $65,710 with no activity, then they are entitled to 24 hours per fortnight.
- Individuals on Income.
Support will automatically qualify for 36 hours of activity per fortnight, plus any other recognised activity (e.g. volunteering, studying etc)
- Individuals receiving Carer’s Allowance will automatically qualify for the higher of:
- 72 hours of activity per fortnight, or
- The actual time spent caring plus any other form of recognised activity
Please speak to the Director if you fall into any of these exemptions
Other information you need to know
- If your child does not attend the first day they are booked to start and the last day when bookings have finished, Centrelink will not cover subsidy for these days.
- Eligibility is for only 42 absences in a financial year. If you exceed these absences then Centrelink will not cover the subsidy on future absent days until it resets in the new financial year.
- Claims for CCS can only be backdated for up to 28 days from the day the claim is lodged otherwise you will be charged full fees and will miss out on receiving CCS.
For more information on this please contact Centrelink or speak to the Director for some guidance on the process.