Through the implementation and monitoring of simple hygiene and infection control strategies, we aim to reduce the spread of infections. Educators follow strict hygienic practices and educate the children in personal hygiene.
Sickness and infectious diseases
- We ask that you do not bring your child to the centre if they are unwell.
Please phone the centre to let us know your child will be away.
- If your child becomes ill whilst at the centre and we believe it is infectious, they will be kept apart from the other children and cared for by the director or assistant director in an office. We will endeavour to contact you or a nominated person to collect your child immediately.
- If your child reaches a fever of 37.5 degrees Celsius or above whilst in our care, we will call and ask that your child is collected immediately. Due to the COVID19 Pandemic, we need to protect the health of all children, families and educators.
- We ask that children with an infectious disease are kept home until a medical certificate is provided stating that the child is well enough and does not pose a health risk to anyone at the centre. We follow the guidelines of staying Healthy in childcare, and recommendations from SA Health Authorities.
- Our centre will display a notice on the front door or notice board to notify, educators, families and visitors of any current infectious disease and number of cases.